- New York City Anti-Violence Project 212.714.1141
- New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence 1.800.942.6906
Also available in Spanish 1.800.942.6908
- SafeHorizon 1.800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Domestic Violence Information for Lesbian, Transgender and Bisexual Women (by: New York City Anti-Violence Project)
- Domestic Violence Information for Gay, Transgender and Bisexual Men (by: New York City Anti-Violence Project)
- 10 Ways to Help a Friend or Family Member Who is Being Abused (by: Day One)
- The Basics Series: Abuse and Neglect Cases in New York State (by: inMotion)
- Information for Domestic Violence Victims (by: New York City Family Court)
- Directory of Services by County (by: New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence)
- Domestic Violence Information and Resources (by: The Legal Aid Society)
- Warning Signs of an Abusive Relationship (by: Day One)
- Victims of crime have a right to seek compensation (by: SafeHorizon)
Orders of Protection
- LGBTQ People & Orders of Protection in New York State Family Court (by: New York City Anti-Violence Project)
- If You Have Experienced Abuse In A Relationship You Can Get Protection in Family Court (by: Day One)
Contains a printable copy of New York's Orders of Protection law
- Can Teens Get An Order of Protection? (by: Day One)
- Example of an Order of Protection (by: New York City Family Court)
Provides free direct legal representation & self-help legal resources for low-income women involved in domestic violence, divorce, child custody & visitation, child support or sposual support.
- LGBT Law Project at NYLAG
Provides direct legal representation in variety of areas including domestic violence
- SafeHorizon Domestic Violence Law Project
Provides direct legal representation for low-income and indigent domestic violence victims in Family Court and New York Supreme Court proceedings.
- SafeHorizon Precinct Programs
The Domestic Violence Police Programs teams a SafeHorizon caseworker with a police officer to conduct home visits and follow up on cases of reported domestic violence.
- Sanctuary for Families LGBT Initiative
Initiative provides direct legal representation for LGBT individuals dealing with domestic violence.