Focused on the greater New York metropolitan area, LeGaL is dedicated to improving the administration of the law, ensuring full equality for members of the LGBT community, promoting the expertise and advancement of LGBT legal professionals, and serving the larger community.
We are also committed to:
- Educating the public on legal issues facing LGBT people;
- Fostering membership participation in pro bono activities benefiting the LGBT community;
- Eliminating homophobia and transphobia in the justice system;
- Encouraging judicial and other governmental appointment of those who oppose discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Encouraging members of the LGBT community to choose law as a career; and
- Promoting solidarity among members of the LGBT legal community.